Events and Seminars
We host a limited number of regular Student Seminars during term times. Students studying the topics of Film Censorship and/or Media Regulation are invited to attend a morning session with Examiners, held at our offices in central London (for location map and travel directions, click here).
Sessions last 1.5 hours and run from 1100 until 1230. They include a presentation by an Examiner, illustrated by clips from relevant films and a chance to ask questions about the work of the BBFC. For larger block bookings we are happy to discuss customising the talk (eg focussing on a specific film, decision, or age-rating) but plenty of notice needs to be given for this. See below for a list of available dates. If you cannot attend a seminar you might instead like to consider our Video Conferencing or Skype Q&A sessions.
Our in house seminars require internal administration, and carry a small fee which translates as:
- Individuals: £7 each
- Groups (6-10 members including staff): £35 per group
- Groups (11-20 members including staff): £55 per group
- Groups (21 and up to a maximum of 35 members including staff): £85 per group
Seminars are available on the following dates, please note these are all on Tuesdays and Thursdays and we can only host groups of up to 35 people including staff due to Health & Safety regulations.
- Thursday September 18th 2014 (35 places available)
- Tuesday October 7th 2014 (15 places available)
- Thursday October 16th 2014 (14 places available)
- Tuesday October 21st 2014 (4 places available)
- Tuesday December 2nd 2014 (1 places available)
- Thursday January 8th 2015 (1 places available)
- Tuesday January 20th 2015 (4 places available)
- Thursday February 5th 2015 (0 places available)
- Tuesday February 10th 2015 (14 places available)
- Tuesday March 17th 2015 (5 places available)
- Thursday April 23rd 2015 (35 places available)
- Tuesday April 28th 2015 (35 places available)
- Thursday May 7th 2015 (35 places available)
- Tuesday May 19th 2015 (35 places available)
- Thursday June 4th 2015 (35 places available)
- Tuesday June 16th 2015 (35 places available)
- Tuesday July 14th 2015 (35 places available)
To request a booking for one of our seminars please fill in the below form.